Relationships are hard to initiate, easy to break and harder to sustain. With every relationship comes an attachment, wrapped with expectations. And expectations at one instance or the other lead to arguments which ignite the misunderstandings and create barriers in a flourishing relationship. There are certain ups and downs emerging as bumps in the road of a relationship. But with proper understanding and strategies you can overcome these obstacles.
If in any case, you want your relationship to work out, stop focusing on the problems with your relationship, rather try to understand:
-What the problem is?
-What’s the cause of the problem?
-What could be done to tackle these problems?
Major Relationship Problems and How To Overcome Them
Difficulty in expression of emotions
Everyone has a different manner of expressing or receiving love. We often express our love in a way we would like to receive it. And that’s when your partner fails to meet your pre-set ‘standard of love’ and a sense of irritability takes a room in your mind following with over-thinking, which is toxic for any relationship.
- Stop expecting ‘your type of love’. The way a person express his love is his own individuality.
- You should not make this an issue to doubt sentiments or consider that they care less. But if it’s still an issue then let each other know your needs.
Preferring your needs and emotions to the other.
Demands like “being together all the time” restricts a person’s space and too much of emotional demands can ruin a relationship . Imposing your opinion on your partner becomes irritable in the long course.
- Do not make the other partner feel restricted. Let them do whatever they like to, unless it starts interfering with your relationship.
- You should provide your partner their individual space to think and choose. Setting opinions and boundaries is not a good thing to do.
Lack of communication
Time spent together and apart creates a problem. If your partner spends his time with his/her friend circle, which you do not like. Or you get less time to spend together, you start thinking that your partner cares less or he/she doesn’t bother about you anymore.
- Your partner spending time with his friend circle does not mean that he/she does not bother about you. If in any case such a thought originates in your mind then discuss it with your partner.
- Start spending time together. You can go out for a movie or dinner. But remember! Do not be too much demanding.
Money related issues tend to originate even before or after your wedding. Hiding your financial details, payments and savings related issues are very common.
- Share your financial conditions with your partner and maintain your expenses accordingly. It’s always good to be financially aware of each other.
- Decide your savings and expenditure. Plan properly by keeping your requirements in mind. And of course, do not hide your debts or income.
- Do not blame each other on certain expenses. Always plan your billings and insurance.
Trust and conflicts
Trust issues and occasional conflicts do appear in every relationship. Arguments due to opinion and ego clashes are common. Sometimes your actions create doubts in your partners mind.
- It’s never bad to keep aside your opinion and ego when both of you are arguing on something that’s heating up the argument. One of you can remain silent or can apologize if you’re wrong. Apologizing won’t make you inferior to your partner but will prevent a serious conflict to occur.
- Do not give a chance to doubt your actions. Discuss your routine and day. This will help in knowing each other more deeply and will give an idea about your whereabouts.
- Always be consistent and fair in your words. Do not make fake promises that you don’t intend to keep.
- Don’t be envious of each other. Share your problems with each other. Always be acknowledged about your partners needs and learn to let go things that creates behavioral problems.
Not considering the relationship a priority
Generally, a relationship fades with passage of time. Your partner thinks that you are no more interested in him/her or do not consider them as your priority anymore.
- Keep the relationship young as it was when it started. Do not stop making your partner feel special.
- Keep experiencing exciting things to maintain the pace of relationship.
- Always let make them feel their importance in your life.
- Be conscious about your partner’s health and requirements.
Being in love does not mean you’re capable of providing everything your partner needs. Sometimes the best couples do fail to fulfill the sexual requirements of their partner or they are not equally sex- oriented. Sexual intimacy is one major thing that keeps couples bound together. The release of certain hormones, influence the relationship positively.
- Try to make adjustments for your partners, as it’s hard to compromise when it comes to sex.
- Be aware of what turns you and your partner.
- If the situation remains unresolved, you must consult a sexologist.
Always keep working on resolving the issues of your problems. Do not let the emotional scars exaggerate and create impacts hard to recover. Always discuss your problems with your partner and have a better understanding of each other. The more you’ll work upon your relationship, the stronger it will become. In acute crises, partners must seek the help of relationship counselors and consultants to acknowledge the better understanding of their problems and strategies and techniques to overcome them.